If I am on a study permit can my spouse work in Canada?
Yes so long as the following conditions are met:
Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if:
- you are a full-time student at:
- a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
- a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
- a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
- you have a valid study permit